Friday, April 17, 2009

Twenty-One

I will not make the same mistakes that you did  I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery  I will not break the way you did  You fell so hard  I've learned the hard way, to never let it get that far   Because of you  I never stray too far from the sidewalk  Because of you  I learned to play on the safe side So I don't get hurt  Because of you  I find it hard to trust  Not only me, but everyone around me  Because of you  I am afraid   I lose my way  And it's not too long before you point it out  I cannot cry  Because I know that's weakness in your eyes  I'm forced to fake, a smile, a laugh Every day of my life  My heart can't possibly break  When it wasn't even whole to start with   Because of you  I never stray too far from the sidewalk  Because of you  I learned to play on the safe side  So I don't get hurt  Because of you  I find it hard to trust  Not only me, but everyone around me  Because of you  I am afraid   I watched you die  I heard you cry Every night in your sleep  I was so young  You should have known better than to lean on me  You never thought of anyone else  You just saw your pain  And now I cry  In the middle of the night  For the same damn thing  Because of you  I never stray too far from the sidewalk  Because of you  I learned to play on the safe side  So I don't get hurt  Because of you  I tried my hardest just to forget everything  Because of you  I don't know how to let anyone else in  Because of you  I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty  Because of you  I am afraid   Because of you Because of you

No comments:

Post a Comment