Saturday, October 10, 2009

One Hundred Ninety-Six

I've done some productive things today

For starters: I walked to help cure diabetes

It was so hot but I had fun.

Then I got home took a nap and went out and studied.

I got interrupted but in a good way

My cousin came over to drop off the new Paramore album.

I have to say the album was decorated brilliant.

Very vintage/retro/weird

and i love all those 3

as I was skimming through the tracks

My ears noted a favorite one:

When I was younger I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind

broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it

and my momma swore that she would never let herself forget

and that was the day that I promised Id never sing of love if it does not exist

but darling you are the only exception

maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul that love never lasts

and we've got to find other ways to make it alone

keep a straight face

I've always lived like this

keeping a comfortable distance

and up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness

because none of it was ever worth the risk

well you are the only exception

I've got a tight grip on a reality but I can't let go

of what's in front of me here

I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up

leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream

You are the only exception

I'm on my way to believing

I seriously have to say that this is one of the best ALBUMS!

and it couldn't have been in my possession at any better time than now.

even the title is sick!

-Brand New Eyes

total perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment